Manager, Business Strategy Operations
This position will be responsible for the end to end management of high priority and high complexity initiatives (with an operational lens) to ensure efficient and effective delivery across Marketing and Merchandising. This individual will work closely with the Associate Director along with other critical team members to drive forward the initiatives in Marketing and Merchandising. This individual will need to work cross functionally with other individuals within Marketing and Merchandising and across other parts of the organization (including Technology teams) to gain alignment on proper sequencing of work at a higher level and effectively utilize resources. Most notably, they’ll work diligently understand progress and intersection points. This individual will need to understand the high-level scoping for each of the capabilities, key milestones, high-level risks and issues, project results, etc. This individual must have the ability to think critically, problem solve, influence without authority, lead teams to execution, and work in an ambiguous environment with little work direction. The ability to build integrated roadmaps, timelines, dependencies, resourcing, RAID logs, etc. is important.
Project & Operations Management
Project & Operations Management
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of large-scale projects or small programs; project team size is typically 10-40 cross-functional members.
- Responsible for recognizing unidentified needs for projects and proactively manage potential partner gaps.
- Responsible for understanding technical requirements to support discussions between business and technology teams.
- Provide work direction in translating business requirements into actionable and achievable project plans.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and dependencies across assigned projects to ensure strategic objectives are accomplished.
- Maintain all logs for the project including the following: risk, actions, change.
- Able to articulate project status, provide actionable updates, speak to current risks, provide risk aversion plans and assist with updates reviewed Enterprise-wide.
- Effectively communicate executive-level communication both verbally and in written form with leadership, manager, team members and cross-functional partners across the Enterprise.
- Oversee issue communications to large audiences including management, timeliness of updates and governance of guiding principles.
- Able to communicate complex (including technical) messages tailored to fit audiences.
- Build and maintain required documentation to sustain marketing processes.
- 3 years of project management
- 5 years of general business experience
- Proficient technical skills (e.g., Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint)
- Experience with change management methodology using impact and stakeholder analyses
- Familiarity of different RASCI and decision-making models with teams
- Communication plan development and execution
- 2+ Years Experience Working with Senior Leaders
- 3+ Years Experience Managing Large Functional Initiatives
- Advanced project management (i.e. PMP)
- Knowledge and experience working in a Fortune 500 company (preferably retail)
- Agile development methodology training and/or experience, i.e. product capability lead or scrum master
- Analytical and problem-solving skills (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Marketing experience in driving transformational initiatives in the digital world
- Agile or Scrum Certification
Auto Req. ID821672BR
Employment CategoryFull Time
Job CategoryRetail Operations
Job LevelManager without Direct Reports
Location Number980510-105-CBG Operations
Address7601 Penn Avenue South