We are looking to add an Engineering Manager to our Attach team. The Attach team is responsible for front-end applications to enhance the customer’s shopping experience by presenting them with the accessory, warranty, and service products that will supplement their initial product selection. We are a team that thinks big with a clear vision but is willing to start small and validate with data and customer feedback. We are relentlessly focused on delivering a great customer experience through every decision we make in order to provide our customers with a satisfying purchase experience. We value the holistic customer journey over the page, team, and organizational boundaries.
The Engineering Manager role is responsible for building and managing a team and leading that team independently toward their objectives which are aligned to the organization’s objectives.
- Ensures that the team has the resources in place required to meet the team’s objectives
- Can lead the delivery of complex solutions, and participates in the creation and presentation of technical designs.
- Participates in production support along with their team.
- Active participant in planning, and performs code and architecture reviews of the product that the team is responsible for.
- Mentors team members to be better technically at their craft, using their past experiences and new information gained via learning as their craft advances.
- Is actively learning, practicing, and improving how to handle difficult management situations.
- Conducts regular 1:1s with all direct reports, and contributes to the career development of others, with a focus on their team.
- Ensures sufficient documentation exists for the products their team is responsible for, and the documentation is maintained.
- Communicates effectively across functions; is able to work well with Product, UX, Analytics, etc.
- Available as a point of escalation to resolve technical issues
- Assists team technical lead in various responsibilities, including:
- participating and leading in production support, teaching best practices internally
- Breaks large problems into smaller problems.
- Exercises judgment within existing patterns to solve moderately complex problems.
- Identifies holes in product direction and works with Product to resolve them
- Partners with product and analytics to drive requirements that take into account all parties' needs
- 3 years of experience on an engineering product team with a Bachelor's degree OR equivalent relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of experience as a technical lead or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 1+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Knowledge of modern JS frameworks (Angular, React/Redux)