Los Angeles Community Impact Hub Manager
As we look to transform opportunity in the creative economy for young people in Los Angeles we are seeking an LA based leader to guide and develop this multi-sector initiative. The Manger is responsible for implementing strategic programming aligned with the Teen Tech Center Community Impact Hub strategy in LA County. As the program lead for the LA Community Impact Hub, the Manager oversees the design and pilot of a high-profile and high-potential strategic initiative using human-centered design practices and an inclusivity/equity lens. The Manager manages program activation, partnership engagements, funding partner engagement, and keeps multiple, distinct projects on track. The successful candidate will be able to navigate complex challenges with a community centered focus, equity lens, and business alignment.
- Support the implementation and program development for the LA Community impact hub
- Lead the process to identify and onboard local programmatic partners, conduct community needs assessments, identify and recommend key partners, facilitate cross-sector dialogues and present an actionable localized model for implementation.
- Oversee the work of local consultants throughout the design process, including providing regular feedback and substantive direction, to ensure high quality and on-time project deliverables that align with human-centered design principles.
- Liaise with evaluation and measurement manager / contractor to ensure the inclusion of evidence-based methodologies, relevant indicators and outcomes aligned with the overall Social Impact evaluation framework.
- Collaborate with communications and brand marketing to develop a local communications/brand strategy for the initiative.
- Facilitate regular stakeholder learning conversations to understand areas for improvement and adjust program design accordingly.
- Facilitate regular checkpoints with Program Implementation/Operations team to understand program challenges/successes, suggesting and supporting changes to program design as necessary.
- Facilitate and oversee the implementation of strategic programming partnerships.
- Work with local consultant(s) to develop partnership strategies and engagement frameworks including cross-sector steering committees, corporate and community volunteer opportunities, and awareness/fundraising events.
- In collaboration with Social Impact leadership and local consultants, develop fundraising targets and strategies to achieve them.
- Develop innovative engagement opportunities that support community needs and leverage strengths and interests of partners, including Best Buy.
- Make presentations to strategic partners and stakeholders, including, for example, Best Buy leadership, local public officials, and community and philanthropic partners
- 5 years of project/program management experience
- 5 years of experience managing partner relationships, and corporate & community leaders
- 3 years of experience working with employee volunteer engagement programs, preferably in a corporate setting.
- 3 years of experience managing program budgets.
- 3 years of experience managing vendor and 3rd party relationships, directly or indirectly providing supervision and oversight.
- 2 years of experience program design and implementation
- Deep understanding of technology and tech education programs or experience working with programs that provide programming for underserved youth.
Auto Req. ID811888BR
Employment CategoryFull Time
Job CategoryCommunications/Public Relations/Government & Public Affairs
Job LevelManager with Direct Reports
Location Number925135-215-Social Impact
Address7601 Penn Avenue South