Best Buy Distribution Area Manager - 2nd shift
The Distribution Center (DC) Area Manager provides daily leadership to a Delivery Distribution Center (DDC). They oversee the receipt, storage and distribution of merchandise to Best Buy company stores, warehouses, home deliveries and shuttle deliveries. Using behavior-based coaching and feedback, the DC Area Manager ensures that job duties and responsibilities of team members are safely completed in a consistent, accurate, and productive manner. The DC Area Manager is responsible for coaching and developing teams to create a culture of continuous improvement through employee engagement that supports our company values.
- Hires, coaches and manages performance of an hourly staff.
- Provides tactical direction for an hourly workforce within a DDC.
- Partners internally with peers and leadership to meet building productivity, safety and quality goals and works externally to fulfill customer needs.
- Facilitates change and sets objectives for warehouse operations to create an environment of continuous improvement.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment through recognition, training and coaching of employees in keeping with Best Buy's Values.
- Maintains a positive work environment where employee’s diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Provides avenues for employees to give feedback on operational, policy and cultural aspects of their department and the building.
- Actively participates in special projects, company initiatives, community building events and other leadership duties as apparent or assigned. Planning, organization and follow-up are essential to success
- 2 years of experience in Distribution, Operations, Warehousing, Customer Service, related field or Military equivalent
- 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience in Business, Military or other fields
- Associate Degree or higher in Business, Logistics or related fields
Auto Req. ID806284BR
Employment CategoryFull Time
Job CategorySupply Chain
Job LevelManager with Direct Reports
Location Number000723-120-Cleveland DDC
Address3019 Columbia Rd.