We believe that our company’s success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let’s talk about what’s possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you’ll fit right in.The Reliability Engineer is key member of the Order Management IT Operations team. This team has the dual responsibility of maintaining the Order Management IT environment as well as identifying, mitigating, and minimizing customer impacts as they arise.
This position works closely with a wide variety of individuals and teams. This includes numerous onsite and remote vendor teams, application and platform engineers, and business teams. You will be tasked with understanding the operation of the Order Management system. You will use this understanding to work with IT Operations and Engineering teams in a DevOps environment to understand potential defects and new code deployments. You will engage with the Monitoring teams to ensure the platform is highly available. As new products are brought forward you will represent the interests of the IT Operations team to ensure they are successfully brought online.
The environment can often be intense, but your impact will be measurable both in the data driven metrics as well as satisfied customers. You will participate in the evolution of the Order Management environment and be able to take pride in that contribution.
- Two or more years of experience in an IT Operations environment, with at least one year supporting or interacting with an order management system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; OR equivalent relevant professional experience
- Experience or willingness to be in a tier 2 support on-call rotation
- One or more years’ experience in Python, React.JS and database development that would support the creation and maintenance of Robotic Process Automations (RPA)
- Experience with Web and System monitoring and reporting applications such as Dynatrace, ServiceNow, Splunk, Graphite, and Grafana
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong facilitation and incident management skills
- Strong experience with the software development lifecycle
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence without authority