Our mission is to revolutionize the way people shop at Best Buy—we are responsible for building the new Point of Sale App and Self-checkout.
As a member of this high-innovation, fast-paced, engineering-driven team, you will be working with modern tech in a startup-like environment to rapidly develop new cross-platform mobile apps, perform in-house/in the field testing, and scale our apps to Best Buy stores nationwide.
Join us on an exceptionally challenging, high impact, and rewarding journey!Who You Are
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder.
- You are a driver—you see what needs to be done and take action.
- You’re not just a developer, you’re an engineer.
- You tend to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission.
- You are enthusiastic and excited about technology and learning.
- You have opinions, but enjoy discussions and collaboration more.
- You understand the human aspects of building great software.
- You are easily adaptable to change.
- You strive to constantly improve yourself and your team.
What you'll do as an Engineer:
- Develop features in mobile applications using React Native (TypeScript, Java/Kotlin, Swift/ObjC)
- Work cross-functionally with product owner, designers, and back-end developers to build new mobile features
- Implement complex front-end features that go beyond the interface, including security controls, custom bridges, etc
- Add new data to our GraphQL schemas
- Participate in UX collaboration sessions and provide technical guidance and feedback on new features
- Test our apps in lower and upper environments
- Continuously maintain and improve quality across our code stack
- Participate in production support
- Participate in performance analysis and tuning
- 1+ years of experience with either native iOS or native Android development
- 1+ years of experience building React applications, following functional paradigms (SFCs, HOCs, Hooks)
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Bachelors in IT, Computer Science, business or related field