Decision Scientist and Marketing Analyst
As an analytical thinker with strong technical experience, the Decision Scientist and Marketing Analyst will support critical campaign analytics and insights capabilities. The successful candidate will develop understanding and deliver analysis of complex marketing activities. The candidate with strong analytical & strategic thinking skills will effectively communicate and present findings to business partners. In addition, this individual will be passionate about learning all aspects of our business, collaborating with others, and working with top BI analytics, process, and knowledge management tools.
Having a strong understanding of the marketing and media, and strong data analytics skills, this individual will bring their passion for insights and the ability to synthesize learnings from multiple measurement solutions.
- Leads ad hoc analyses utilizing marketing analytics platforms, both internal and external to Best Buy.
- Develops SME level knowledge of media performance, conducts scenario planning and proactively produces trend-based and diagnostic analysis.
- Develops fact-based performance insights, audience insight and/or optimization recommendations for business partners.
- Design and review QA checks, reporting and forecasting, in support of marketing decision science delivery.
- Bring business process improvements such as automated technical processes to life.
- Work cross functionally to understand business context and provide strategic support.
- Develop new approaches to analysis including data visualization, in support of marketing insights.
- 3 years or more experience in marketing analytics, retail, or related area
- 2 years or more experience applying analytical techniques to answer business questions or scientific questions
- 2 years or more experience developing strategic insights from data
- 2 years or more experience programming in SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau, and/or Power BI
- Experience in Marketing or Media Analytics tied to Digital Advertising
- Consulting or similar project experience (leading scoping sessions with business clients, developing insights, presenting results to clients)
- Understanding of different approaches to marketing measurement and advanced analytics
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, the physical sciences, computer science, or similar field with quantitative rigor.
Auto Req. ID792772BR
Employment CategoryFull Time
Job CategoryDigital & Information Technology
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Location Number957290-105-D&A COE-Decision Science-Customer
Address7601 Penn Avenue South