UX Design Manager
As a UX Manager on the People Technology Team, you will work with a highly collaborative team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to create compelling human centered experiences within a mobile space. The People Technology Experience and Product team works to create tools that work for our Best Buy employees by prioritizing the user and helping them balance their work life as they develop and refine their careers at Best Buy. The UX Manager plays a central role in the promotion of Human Centered Design, leads and facilitates discovery efforts, coordinating and guiding UX design work, driving solutions, and advocating for continuous improvement of experiences for our employees.
- Facilitation of meetings and to lead brainstorming / sketching sessions with UX and Product Team partners to articulate and define the design direction of experiences.
- Collaboration with stakeholders across program teams to support and provide input into the specific translation of high-level strategic imperatives.
- Presents high level solution to product, technical and UX leadership to ensure all critical business requirements are met, the technical solution supports the experience requirements, and the overall experience meets design and brand standards.
- Presents designs, articulates approach, and facilitates a discussion to gather feedback and approval from all key approvers and stakeholders.
- Partners with the UX Managers to lead cross-product team design solutions.
- Provides direct guidance and mentorship to UX Team members
- Responsible for support and contribution to the evolution of a dynamic process for low and medium Product work to be addressed in a rapid approach to heighten efficiencies (Lean UX).
- Works with key product owners and tech leads to gather business, technical and customer requirements.
- Understands business, technical and employee inputs to define new and/or changes to existing employee experiences.
- Contributes to the definition of the scope, approach and high-level solution for new and/or changes to existing employee experiences.
- Collaborates and facilitates working sessions with Senior UX Designer(s), UX Senior Managers and other product UX teams to ensure standard design practices are utilized to achieve quality and overall experiences are consistent between sprint teams.
- Accountable for the timely delivery and adherence to quality expectations of Sprint teams
- Management responsibility for hiring decisions for product teams.
- 2 or more years of experience as Senior UX Designer or 6 or more years in UX related role (e.g., Copywriter, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, Visual Designer, Product Designer etc.)
- Experience leading a UX team, or design/IA/copywriter team through project direction or formal reporting structure
- Advanced knowledge of UX principles and deliverables.
- Advanced ability to communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Miro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Ability to present designs, drive consensus and negotiate trade-offs effectively
Auto Req. ID792649BR
Employment CategoryFull Time
Job CategoryUser Experience & Research
Job LevelManager with Direct Reports
Location Number952706-215-Exp Design & Insights
Address7601 Penn Avenue South