Digital Engineer II
We are hiring a Digital Engineer II on Best Buy's Solr Cloud Platform Team. The Solr Cloud Platform team creates and maintains a platform that makes it easier for teams to productionalize a Solr Cloud cluster to leverage text searching capabilities. As a member of this team, you will gain expert level knowledge in Apache Solr and will evolve the platform to establish patterns for teams at Best Buy to leverage many different aspects of Apache Solr. Team members contribute to all aspects of software development and delivery.
About the Team:
We are a collaborative development team that uses Java and Spring along with many cutting-edge technologies to ensure we are able to perform at scale. We are highly collaborative and are committed to agility, code simplicity, and consistent high quality
- 6+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- 6+ years experience in a JVM based language (Java, Groovy, Scala, Kotlin, Clojure, etc.)
- Disciplined software engineering habits including: TDD, Automated Unit Testing, Automated Regression Testing
- Experience leading small technical teams
- Service development experience (REST, HTTP, JSON)
- Experience working with:
- Spring Framework
- Search Engines (Apache Solr)
- Messaging Middleware (RabbitMQ, IBM MQ, Kafka, Cloud Pub/Sub)
- Spring Integration
- Open source software
- Relational Databases and JPA
- NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Cloud Bigtable, Redis, etc.)
You may be the ideal candidate for our team if you:
- You are enthusiastic and excited about technology and learning new technologies.
- You are flexible, dependable and know how to have fun while getting a lot done.
- You know Docker inside and out.
- You are open and honest and willing to share and accept feedback and ideas.
- You are positive and optimistic. Setbacks and constraints motivate you to work harder.
- You aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- You are pretty darn good at what you do (but don't let it go to your head).
- You strive to constantly improve yourself and your team.
Auto Req. ID783310BR
Employment CategoryDigital & Information Technology
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Location Number950440-105-Online Experiences
Address7601 Penn Avenue South