Mobile UX Designer - Seattle
As a Best Buy Mobile UX designer, you will be responsible for leading, maintaining, updating, and evolving the browse customer experience. You will be focused on creating customer experiences that are personalized, contextual, and valuable to our users. You will be a part of a highly collaborative product and UX team working in an agile environment on a focused app workstream.
You will be at the center of our customer’s shopping journey. Your primary goal will be to reimagine the beginning of our customer’s shopping journey looking at how they browse, search, and discover products. You will be a key partner, in collaboration with product management, remote design partners, business stakeholders, and engineering to define and implement pre-purchase experiences in our mobile retail app. Your job will be part blue sky explorations about the aspirational directions we want to take the experience, part delivering incremental features toward that aspiration, part working with other squads/teams to integrate their goals, part tactical run-the-business improvements, and optimizations, and part dev support to ensure the quality of the features we release matches expectations.
Are you ready for a fast-paced, customer-driven, collaborative environment? Are you looking to create an immediate and long-term impact on helping improve the lives of our customers through the use of technology?
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities:
- Fully articulated vision in collaboration with product management on how we can redefine our browse, search, and discovery experiences on mobile.
- Form partnerships and work side-by-side with in house and remote research, product managers, accessibility, UX copy, and engineers to deliver high-quality experiences on-time.
- Thoughtfully integrating the needs of multiple squads into one cohesive experience.
- Collaborate on and advocate for UX research throughout the design process.
- Participate in all sprint ceremonies with cross-functional partners.
- Constant coordination and collaboration with our Minnesota partners and stakeholders
Education and Experience:
Education (Minimum Requirements): Bachelor's Degree (4 yr) in Human-Centered Design, Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Architecture, Multimedia, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Instructional Design, related field or Equivalent Industry Experience.
Experience (Minimum Requirements):
- 6+ years’ experience in Experience Design (e.g. UX Strategist, UI Designer, Interaction Designer, UX Architect, Product Designer) or 6+ years’ experience in a role adjacent to the practice of experience design (e.g. Copywriter, Visual Designer, User Researcher)
- Advanced knowledge of Experience Design principles and deliverables.
- Advanced to expert skills with tools such as Visio, Balsamiq, Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Portfolio of Experience Design case studies
- Advanced ability to communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions
- Contributes to hiring decisions for product sprint teams
- Contributes to leadership for a multidisciplinary team of visual/interaction designers, copywriters, and information architects
- Highly Collaborative. Must play well with others.
- Efficient. We don’t always have the luxury of time or resources. How can we make the most with what we have?
- Transparent. Can you share early and often? Are you able to identify gaps in your work and get feedback when needed?
Auto Req. ID769491BR
Employment CategoryUser Experience & Research
Job LevelIndividual Contributor
Location Number952706-215-Product User Exp Seattle
Address1000 Denny Way, 8th Floor