Sr. Product Manager - Geek Squad Services
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can leverage your passion and expertise in Product Ownership that translates business strategies into product vision? If so, then this may be a role for you.
At Geek Squad we offer much more than a paycheck. Surrounded by the latest and greatest technology, a team of amazing coworkers and a work environment where anything is possible, you'll find it easy to be your best when you work with us. We provide an exciting work environment with a community of technology learners where you can be yourself while investing in your career. Empowered with knowledge you will discover endless opportunities to grow. We believe the success of our company depends on the passion of employees for learning, technology and people.
What is the Senior Product Manager - Geek Squad Services responsible for?
The Senior Product Manager plays a key role in creating world class Services Systems that meet our business needs. This role will play an integral part in understanding and driving towards the Geek Squad 20/20 vision.
The Senior Product Manager will create a vision for how to mature key capabilities over time, resulting in industry leading technology that drives key business results. The Senior Product Manager will build a product roadmap that considers capability strategy, business objectives, and operational needs. He or she will gather opinions, viewpoints and business requirements from cross-functional stakeholders, then guide the vision of what needs to be built and convey that vision to their Agile team and business partners. They will help define acceptance criteria for epics and validate that these requirements have been met. This role is an integral part of the Agile team and effectively manages the product backlog, which then delivers a prioritized set of features for the product.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage with leadership and cross-functional partners to understand business issues and opportunities
- Act as Business Owner for multiple products/solutions
- Drive incremental value to the business by improving operational efficiency
- Develop a pipeline of emerging technology opportunities relevant to the services business
- Engage with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Leads and executes medium-or-large sized complex projects to address business issues or opportunities
- Proactively anticipates and manages issue resolution
- Drives business process sessions to align teams and drive out requirements for success
- Leverage multiple vehicles to gather and analyze information – including, but not limited to: field visits, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, analytic reports, industry publications
- Define and measure clear KPI’s to assess the value of each initiative or concept
- High degree of influence in all directions of the Enterprise.
- Drive the business through emerging technology in support of the New Blue initiatives.
- Provide a Services experience that enhances our culture, mission and values.
What is required for this role?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager that will be an exceptional manager and leader with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, and collaborate and partner effectively to manage the workload. This senior manager will have a respectful and courteous style that is consistent and lives the values of the Geek Squad brand.
The ideal candidate will roll up her/his sleeves to do the work and be a part of a team that is defining the Services business strategy. The most successful candidate will be someone who embraces continuous improvement and client experience, is forward-thinking, progressive, understands the services world and has a past track record of significant accomplishments in product ownership.
- 2 or more years of relevant Product Management Experience (Dev, UX, Strategy, etc.) OR 8 or more years of retail, services experience or equivalent
- 1 or more years direct people mgmt and team management / leadership
- 1 or more yrs relevant experience in strategy creation, customer focused solutioning, cross-functional leadership, etc.
- Ability to influence at a peer and leader level, without having direct authority
- Experience in prioritizing product capabilities/features based on vision, business goals, technology, schedules and budgets
- Bachelor’s degree – IT, Computer Science, Business or related field
- 3 or more years of product management experience
- 2 or more years direct people mgmt and team management / leadership
- 3 or more years of project management and/or operations management experience
- Experience in identifying and monitor KPIs and report on project/product development
- 2 or more years of experience in product development methodologies (including Agile), and intermediate knowledge of product life cycles
- Ability to understand basic process flows, data flows, and architectural diagrams.
- Experience working in a large global client-oriented business in the retail industry and/or a multi-channel/multi-brand business.
- Scrum Certified Product Owner certification
Auto Req. ID768760BR
Employment CategoryDigital & Information Technology
Job LevelManager with Direct Reports
Location Number900480-215-Services Tech Products
Address7601 Penn Avenue South