Territory Finance Director
The Territory Finance Director is accountable for providing proactive visibility while serving as an activist around performance management, strategic & operational planning, decision support and teaching business acumen within the territory. Participate as a member of the territory executive team to drive business performance by providing financial discipline and rigor to all business-related strategies, initiatives and activities in order to maximize value, minimize risk and make better decisions. Responsible for identifying, driving and leading financial and business analysis for the territory. Utilize sound financial acumen to conduct financial assessments across the territory to identify and capitalize upon areas of growth and opportunity and participate in the relentless pursuit of increased operational efficiency and optimization. This role will require 60-75% travel to supporting territory.
- Territory Operational Planning:
- Responsible for identifying profit capture opportunities and growth pipeline opportunities; partner with the Market, Area and Territory leaderships team to ensure opportunities are achieved.
- Leads the establishment of Territory financial targets; provides visibility to costs and impacts of decisions & facilitates discussion around driver input. Develops Territory budgets and forecasts.
- Assists in setting financial targets and reviewing pilots/tests to determine reasonableness and ability to integrate into long-term strategy.
- Communicates financial plans to leadership and territory/market teams to drive long-term profitable growth.
- Ensures timely, accurate/transparent and actionable financial reporting of finance results.
- Financial Decision Support/Modeling:
- Provide superior financial analysis, modeling, trending, and what-if capabilities to increase market share, enable profitable revenue growth and increase operating income within the Territory.
- Provides support into the formulation of strategic and operating plans by guiding and performing financial analyses.
- Determines where contingency plans and what-if analyses are appropriate and ensures the analyses are completed holistically, timely and objectively.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating an understanding of the competitive environment and appropriate industry information.
- Completes economic analysis to support a better understanding of profitability by category, geographic area, channel, customer and other appropriate categories within territory.
- Challenges the status quo in driving market level growth.
- Financial Performance Management:
- Drives monthly business reviews (actual and forecasted results) with key headlines, insights and actions.
- Provides proactive visibility to potential performance management issues while serving as an activist for broader territory team.
- Provides an objective, fact-based, holistic point of view and challenge appropriately throughout the process to ensure resources of the company deliver highest returns at acceptable levels of risk.
- Teaches, models and reinforces business acumen to all field leaders, making connections between our key strategies, store behaviors and business outcomes.
- Will assist the team in accelerating the owner/operator through decentralized decision making.
- Able to lead successfully through organizational change and ambiguity. Provides direct reports and other team members with on the job, real-time coaching and feedback; giving relevant and in the moment advice, that shows an understanding and curiosity in the work.
- Promotes and facilitates diversity, equity, and inclusion in the local community. Accountable for inspiring our people to execute the strategy to gain/maintain market share and drive profitable revenue.
- 10+ years Financial analysis and business planning experience.
- 3 -5 years managerial experience.
- 2 -4 years retail experience.
- CMA or CPA preferred.
- 60-75% travel required.
Auto Req. ID724278BR
Employment CategoryFinance / Accounting
Location NumberBest Buy Region 32 Offices
Address4249 LBJ Freeway