Sr. Director, Customer Engagement Technology
The Customer Engagement technology team is an integral part of the Digital Strategy and Technology Innovation organization. The team will be responsible for building a platform to harness everything we know about our customers’ preferences across all interactions and enabling Best Buy to utilize this information to build deeper customer relationships. The Senior Director, Customer Engagement Technology will bring a unique mixture of strategy, product and engineering expertise to lead the development of technology capabilities associated with the customer’s journey. This role will work within a heterogeneous technology environment that provides an opportunity to understand challenges, transform legacy technology platforms and create meaningful impact by being able to focus on the intersection between building a differentiated customer experience and enabling platforms.
- Leads a cross functional team of Product Leaders & Engineering Leaders in support of the following customer-related, product value chains such as customer identity, membership, customer communications, fraud prevention, etc.
- Creates next generation product vision and determine customer needs by specifying the research and discovery needed to obtain market information.
- Identifies product features with measurable key performance indicators, gain alignment on objectives and key results, and provide direction to teams to successfully deliver on those plans.
- Develops and advocates for building adaptive user interfaces to deliver relevant content in the moment based on user preferences and tastes.
- Applies contextual bandit and reinforcement learning methods to drive differentiated personalization journeys by bringing together a single view of all customer interactions.
- Prepares capital expenditure appropriation applications, managing a portfolio budget, tracking and reporting on investment spend periodically.
- Manages and develops direct reports and creates efficient and effective teams.
- Takes a consultative approach with a cross functional audience to build awareness, increase knowledge, evangelize the value and vision of products, and drive implementation of proposed solutions.
- Is a leader with demonstrated ability to lead by influence and an established track record of successful delivery of enterprise scale solutions.
- Is able to synthesize and incorporate key cross functional perspectives – customer experience, operational efficiency, regulatory, security and privacy considerations while designing solutions.
- Champions a culture of innovation and engineering excellence in an environment that requires agility and building scalable, resilient systems.
- Is seen as a contributing leader within the Product & Engineering Communities of Practice, both internally and externally, and establishes themself as a go-to resource on topics and areas of expertise.
- Manages and mentors direct reports by providing counsel on career development and shaping development plans to realize individual goals.
- 12+ years of experience as a product and technology leader with a degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience leading large teams of direct and/or indirect team members to deliver transformative technology solutions.
- 5+ years of leadership experience building cloud native services and deploying hybrid cloud solutions at scale.
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing a heterogeneous application portfolio of custom build applications and software-as-a-service solutions.
- 5+ years of proven product management and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability at aligning a platform vision with technology transformation objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to own and operate highly available platform services by implementing DevOps process flows predicated on agility and automation.
- Proficient in creating a product vision with defined objectives and key results
- Demonstrated ability at guiding and developing a product management team.
- Established track record at identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives to realize efficiency gains.
- Awareness of emerging technology trends and potential influence on products.
Auto Req. ID717390BR
Location Number957423-105-Architecture & Strategy
Address7601 Penn Avenue South