Best Buy Home Delivery Drivers deliver and install products to clients' homes. They follow established schedules and procedures for home delivery of major appliances, TVs and other large consumer electronic products. As a delivery driver for Best Buy, you will provide clients with a level of service that ensures no client is ever left unserved or underserved. You will create a client experience that builds a lasting relationship and ensures Best Buy continues to be a brand of choice.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects involved with Client deliveries (driving a delivery truck, product set-ups and haul away)
- Determines best way to bring merchandise in, including deciding if any doors need to be detached in order to protect Client's home and purchased product(s). Remove and in-stall doors as necessary
- Moves products safely into the home and unboxes and sets up products. Ensures products are functioning properly
- Completes all paperwork, and obtains Client signature for proof of delivery
- Manages inventory and vehicle maintenance according to established vehicle standards and processes
- Leads or assists on two person jobs as well as performs work alone
- Provides training to new drivers.
- 6 months of customer service or in home experience
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license in the state where you are applying and a clear driving record
- Obtain any State/local licensing as required
- Carry/lift/push/pull weight up to 75 lbs. alone or up to 150 as part of team, without the use of a harness/lift/dolly, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Carry/lift/push/pull weight up to 350 lbs. alone or up to 700 as part of team, with the use of a harness/lift/dolly, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Meet DOT requirements and pass a DOT physical, which includes substance screening.
- Pass DOT road test requirements
- Leadership experience
- Decision making
- Written and verbal communication
- Client relations skills.