Best Buy is seeking innovative and technically curious Digital Engineering Managers to join us as we make a huge impact in the digital evolution!
A career with BestBuy.com offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top 10 e-commerce sites in the US. By embracing change, teams of talented people are allowed to innovate, and transform the way we work. We are an inventive group interested in contributing ideas and opinions toward exciting projects. We are constantly thinking about the future of web development and work with the latest technologies.
This is a critical e-commerce position for the right individual to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high-performing solutions at internet scale. This team drives the vision, strategy, technical delivery and customer experience for a high quality digital experience.
Key Accountability for Digital Engineering Managers:
- Strong demonstrated ability to work directly with technical leads, engineers, product managers and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a creative and innovation-driven ability to articulate engineering design patterns related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
- Demonstrate a passion for building top-quality products and services
What you will do as a Digital Engineering Manager:
- Manage highly technical development work or QA activities including: stand-ups, iteration planning, coding, design reviews, and technical discussions to determine technical direction
- Work with product and creative teams, product managers, other technical leaders, and stakeholders within the organization to clarify requirements, priorities, and deadlines
- Manage one or more Digital Application Developers or Digital Engineers
- Provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment
- Define and lead development workflow, providing work direction for development team through complex development on a suite of applications/programs
- <!--[endif]-->Collaborate with team members across disciplines to solve problems of a top 10 e-commerce website
- Create work plans, estimates, and solution blueprints to facilitate project delivery, working with stakeholders
- Understand a high degree of technical information across one or more systems. You will translate that information so it is comprehensible to non-technical resources.
- Share and champion ideas that can evolve how we build products
- Provide timely and clear work direction and delegate to others to deliver outcomes.
- Provide in-the-moment feedback and coaching to individuals.
- Provide input and makes recommendations to ensure talent is positioned correctly.¨
- Make talent decisions (i.e., selection, development, performance management and rewards), with significant input from other capability leaders.
- Hold others accountable for consistently following through on commitments and ensuring that results are achieved.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6+ years related experience with Bachelors degree; additional 2 years experience without BS/BA
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile environment
- Experience using version control systems such as SVN or Git
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira or ClearQuest
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Experience in test driven development, continuous integration and deployment practices
- Experience with any Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, Rackspace